All Recovered Up!

Time to rest up! Well, it’s been almost two weeks since Wildflower and I am feeling good. I recovered quickly (thanks to GU Energy providing awesome products.) I took a week off doing only light and shorter workouts when I felt like moving. It was awesome not getting up at 4:00 a.m. and having nothing to do when I got home from work. 

It’s been awhile since I had nothing really to do during the week and no training schedule to follow. So, as you can imagine sitting around being lazy was fun but annoying as well. I had to force myself  to do anything for a week. However, the rest was well worth the effort and now I am feeling ready to get back to the grind of a daily training schedule and early wake up calls. 
I have a few more half Ironman’s scheduled for the remainder of my season mixed with a few Olympic distances. I will be starting a 16 week training schedule heading into my much anticipated Orangeman Long Course and my favorite race of the year, the San Diego Triathlon classic. I only added two “A” races to my schedule this season, Wildflower and SD Tri Classic. I am starting a new block of training with some base work as I build and peak. Hopefully, I will be able to podium the San Diego Tri Classic.
I am  excited to plan my 2014 season. I am focused on being a advicate for clubfoot athletes with my efforts improving the classification process for paratriathletes at the hands of the ITU. I will share more as the 2014 season unfolds. Until then I need to hold my body together in hopes of making it though the remainder of this season.

It’s been an awesome season so far with a few podium spots especially at Wildflower, which I worked really hard to achieve! I am hoping and training hard to get back on the podium this year.

I have formed some new relationships with outstanding sponsors such as XTERRA wetsuits and Torhans. I am very happy and excited that I have the sponsors I do that share my vision and offer support as I head into the remainder of my season and next!
So it’s that time again to get the training journal out, plan my weeks and nail my sets as I move toward the end of my season!

No comments:

Post a Comment